Tuesday, June 17, 2008

oooh...new technology!

greg and i just got back from an appointment where we got to meet another really nice doctor in the practice (have i mentioned my strategy to meet them all before d-day? i'd rather have a familiar face than a stranger deliver our kids...). the new twist on today's appointment was the "nonstress test." basically, for a half hour i was hooked up to electronic fetal monitors, and we listened and watched the babies' heartbeats and movements. it was pretty cool, and our kids passed with flying colors as they both moved and then had corresponding heart accelerations a few times during the 30 minutes. wondertwin powers!


the not so exciting piece of the appointment was when i told the doctor about my swollen, stiff, tingly hands, and he wrote me a prescription for carpal tunnel braces. he also kindly mentioned that he hasn't ever seen a patient need carpal tunnel surgery (it should clear up once i am no longer pregnant). as if i don't feel gross enough already, i now have the option of sporting stylish braces on each wrist. perfect!
ps- i wanted to have greg take a photo of the non stress test set up, but the nurse was with us the entire time, and i chickened out. i found a visual aid for the blog though- gotta love google images!

2 comments:

  1. jen had carpal tunnel when she was pregnant as well...i think hers has passed, but you can ask her...as for the wrist braces....SEXY!!! Work it girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I had carpal tunnel in both wrists/hands when I was pregnant with Emma. Joyful. I wore braces at night when I would sleep so I wouldn't curl my hands up & some days I couldn't even grip a pen to write! It went away within a few weeks after Emma was born, so you won't be stuck with it forever!

    Hang tight - you're almost done, and then your reward(s) arrive!! :D

    ReplyDelete